發新話題

If I Were.....

If I Were.....

(1)If I were a wizard, I would marry a witch. Surely she must have a broomstick as every witch does. It would give her good looks and enable her to travel to wherever she had a heart to. In fact, with the broomstick she could do almost anything. What a capable wife she would make me! Nevertheless, as my wife, she must obey me. I would tell her to cook, sweep and deliver messages for me. In short, with such a witch as wife, I would live as comfortably as a king. If I were a wizard, I would be able to get 600 points in the Joint College Entrance Examination. Just image, 600 points! An ordinary human being could never achieve that. My schoolmates would regard me as a genius. Reporters would crowd about me, inquiring how did I do it. With a smile I would answer, "Nothing special!"

(2)If I were a scientist, I would work for the welfare of mankind. First, I would devise something to defend human beings against nuclear weapons, for such weapons threaten to wipe out life on earth. Then I would work for the improvement of the quality of human existence. For instance, I would build robots to serve mankind. In short, if I were a scientist, I would put my knowledge and skill to good use to help bring about peace and prosperity.

(3)If I were a college student, I would study much harder than I did in high school. As you know, under the present educational system, a high school student, if he desires to go to college, has to study very hard to pass the college entrance examination. Once they enter college, most students become relaxed and do nothing better than have a good time. As it is, the government is wasting money on our higher education. If I were a college student, I would make the best of my opportunity to increase knowledge so that when I finish college I would be able to serve my people and my country.

發新話題

本站所有圖文均屬網友發表,僅代表作者的觀點與本站無關,如有侵權請通知版主會盡快刪除。